At Hout – Bois van Steenberge we can also impregnate wood. The wood is made durable under vacuum pressure.
More specifically, this process involves applying a wood protection product to the wood under high pressure. Depending on the type of wood, the product penetrates into the core or up to several millimetres in the wood.
After the impregnation, the wood is preventively protected against:
- Wood-destroying fungi
- Soft rot
- Larvae of wood-destroying insects
After the treatment, the impregnated wood can be used in the following user classes:
- Class 2: Wood without ground contact or outside, can become temporarily moist.
- Class 3: Wood without ground contact, exposed to weather influences and condensation.
- Class 4: Wood in permanent ground or water contact (fresh water).
- Class 4 SP: This CTB-B+ specification is used for wood that will be exposed to harsh conditions, and offers improved protection and a longer service life than class 4.
Please note that if the impregnated wood still needs to be sawn or milled, this wood should receive a post-treatment with the appropriate product.
We can provide an impregnation certificate for the treated wood upon request.